The key to a functional Malibu low voltage landscape lighting transformer installation is careful planning and preparation. It’s important to know how much voltage the lights will need and in what configuration, both when they are on and off, in order to purchase the correct transformer.
A low voltage landscape transformator is one of the most flexible and reliable options for outdoor lighting systems. Lighting for landscape design must be considered carefully.
- THE VARIETY OF SETTING MODES: fully programmable timer with automatic function (Turn on manually, Turn off manually / Turn on at dusk, Turn off at...
- OPTICAL SENSOR TECHNOLOGY: The photocell sensor the amount of light in its surrounding to automatically power lights at dusk and turn them off at...
- DURABLE & PROTECTIVE DOOR PANEL： special door panel opening and closing design, dust and moisture protection effectively protect the built-in...
- MEMORY AND OVERLOAD PROTECTION: Do you still worry about the safety of household electricity? Built-in circuit protection function can disconnect the...
- A FEELING OF SATISFACTION: Malibu Transformer with photo sensor can make you feel convenience when using. And 1-year after-sales can provide more...
When done right, the life span of your lights can be significantly extended through proper maintenance; it can also create nights full of beautiful views for years to come. This guide will help you understand what types of transformers are available and show you how to install one in your own system.
First, let’s answer some questions:
What is a Low Voltage Transformer?
Before we understand how the low-voltage transformer works it is important to understand the differences the difference between the line transformer and lower voltage transformer.
The line voltage transformer operates at the typical voltage of 120 volts which is 220 volts. this is the transformer that operates at a lower voltage.
This is why certain light ringers as well as can light typically require a transformer with a low voltage, typically of 12 V. Based on your needs and the capacity, there are other brands and a transformer with more capacity. You can also purchase an individual transformer to meet your requirements.
The power rating, performance, and overall design are all important to determine the effectiveness of a specific Low voltage Transformer. Low voltage transformers can include two types, one is electrical, and the second is mechanical. Mechanical transformers are made up of multiple windings. The windings offer a variety of losses that are automatic;
This is why they reduce efficiency. However, the electric transformer doesn’t contain any kind of magnetic loss. This means it is small and offers less loss of electricity.
What is The Maximum Life Span of a Transformer?
In most situations, these sorts of lights will function effectively for four to five years without causing significant damage. However, if you take the appropriate troubleshooting measures, you may make effective use of one low-voltage transformer for more than ten years. Voltage transformers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. We provide all types of information in this blog so that you can choose the best voltage transformer for your needs.
Why is the Malibu the Best Low Voltage Transformer?
There are hundreds of low-voltage transformer brands and models. That is why you need to be very selective about picking any brand. You will find the real quality things in the Malibu brand, which is as efficient as this. Some submersible transformers are very much useable in swimming pools, waterfalls, and other places.
Features of Malibu transformers
Malibu is one of the most renowned brands for voltage transformers.
For your help, we are suggesting all the available features of this brand. Here is the list of features of Malibu Transformers:
- There are many different capacity transformers available.
- There are manual on/off override system
- Built-in photocell
- Automatic circuit breaker
- Heavy-duty power cord available
- Plastic shade materials
- Relatively lightweight
- Adjustable light direction
- One year warranty
- Powerpack do not exceed 75% of its capacity
How to Install Malibu Transformer For Outdoor Lighting
Installing a Malibu transformer outside isn’t difficult at all. If you’ve got the know-how, then you are able to effortlessly put it up wherever you’d like.
It is all you need to do is make sure that the electrical line you connect with is secure. Here are the steps on how to install a Malibu transformer outdoors:
- First, lay the light exactly where you would like to place it.
- Don’t combine each light cable with another because this could result in short circuits.
- Install your transformer in a safe, dry location higher than the ground.
- The transformer should be placed in a secure place
- Connect the transformer to the mainline of electricity
- Connect all electric cables into the transformer socket
- Set the timer or adjust the time manually as you’d like
- Connect the main line to the switch, and the lights will begin blinking
- You can adjust the volt and the timetable as you like.
There are many tips for keeping light voltage transformers in good condition. We appreciate your help and offer some maintenance tips on low-voltage transformers, such as Malibu and many others.
- Never connect these transformers to water if they are not submersible.
- If you’re going to keep an appliance on the patio, make sure it’s well covered from dust and direct sunshine.
- Put it away from the fire, and avoid using it in case of a storm.
- Do not place any significant weights on these transformers.
- Do not connect these types of transformers to the defective electric line
- Do some troubleshooting of the device to ensure the long-term durability of it
- The transformers should be hidden inside the packet after use.
- Do not throw it out of your hands or pass it directly into the earth.
Malibu Low Voltage Transformer Troubleshooting
- Because these transformers are so popular and used outside, they may encounter difficulties due to their heavy usage.
- It’s also essential that they don’t let any unqualified or amateur person operate the transformer.
- Take it to the shop that works on electric equipment, where they can repair it or to the store you bought it.
- But before doing that, locate where the transformers aren’t working perfectly or have a problem.
- Remove your transformer from the line and reconnect it. Sometimes, there may be issues with the circuit breakers. In this case, you can examine the circuit breakers.
- If the transformer gets too hot, it must be cooled and then reconnected in order for it to operate.
It is essential to install low voltage transformers correctly in order for them to work properly. By following the instructions given, you can enjoy using your transformer after installation.
For any questions or problems, contact professionals that operate on electrical equipment. You must also go through this article about light fixtures if you are looking for outdoor light fixtures. So good luck and enjoy using your low voltage transformers!