The Chicago Book Expo is tomorrow — Sunday, Nov. 24 — and several members of the Society of Midland Authors will be selling and signing their books at this “pop-up bookstore and literary extravaganza.” The event is happening 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at St. Augustine College, 1345 W. Argyle, Chicago. It’s free and open to the public.
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Christine Sneed
11 a.m.-1 p.m.: David J. Walker, Allen Salter and Mahmoud Saeed
1-3 p.m.: Jim Bowman, Gunter Nitsch, Mike Raleigh and Rosina Neginsky
3-5 p.m.: Sel Yackley, Bill Yarrow, Craig Sautter and George Levy
The expo also features other authors and independent publishers selling their books, as well as free author readings, panel discussions, writing workshops and bilingual/Spanish programs.
Several Society of Midland Authors members will be speaking, including:
- James Finn Garner and Samantha Hoffman are part of a 2:30 p.m. panel discussion, “Pathways to Publication: Authors Tell Their Stories,” along with Nancy Hightower, Renee James, Valya Dudycz Lupescu and Randy Richardson.
- Ted McClelland — 2:30 p.m. discussion with Kari Lydersen about her book on Rahm Emanuel, Mayor 1%
- Michael Corcoran — 2:30 p.m. talk about Hollywood on Lake Michigan
- Arnie Bernstein — 4 p.m. talk about Swastika Nation, moderated by Paula Kamen
- Two-time SMA Award winner Aleksandar Hemon — 4 p.m. talk about The Book of My Lives